I’ve only been in Dubai for a few months and I’m not really ready to leave yet. Dubai has really been growing on me.
Of course I will be happy to see everyone back home but here are a list of things I will miss.
- The Sun
- The Pool
- The beach
- My Tan
- The possibility to have delivered and eat anything you crave from anywhere in the world just an app away
- Our big fancy car
- Mc Delivery that delivers in 10 minutes to our house
- The smell of Jasmin in our garden
- Our house
- The friendly neighbours
- Being called ma’am
- Not having to put on make up or blow dry your hair
- The feeling of being away and adventurous
- The feeling of being close to anywhere cool in the world
- Being helped anywhere with everything
- Not having to put your shopping trolly back
I’ve not been in Dubai for very long and I didn’t even move in properly but here are my thoughts so far.
When I just arrived here I wasn’t overwhelmed. Maybe it is because expectations are high with all the documentaries out there, but for some reason the buildings looked less tall on TV but of course they are not.
Once I got used to the idea that really everything is inside and that Malls are everywhere Dubai kind of grew on me.
Dubai is really the melting pot that it claims to be. Almost everyone you meet is from somewhere. And it’s very difficult to find someone to practice your arabic on. However in some weird way it works. And the best thing of all you get the best food from all over the world. For example I had the best Thai food outside of Thailand and the best Egyptian food out of Egypt. Whatever you crave to eat its only a Food App away. Be prepared to gain a few pounds is my first conclusion when living in Dubai